Ok here it is my questionaire all filled in and I am so excited as this is my first Secret Pal:)
1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?
I love anything new to play with, Red Heart and Lion Brand are exciting to me as unavailable here.
2. Do you spin? Crochet?
Yes, I am a beginner spinner but have been relegated to my drop spinner while my wheel is being repaired, I also crochet not much but if a pattern takes my fancy well I go back to the one needle.
3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)
Ok don’t laugh but I can’t wear wool even if it contains a small amount in the mix but this doesn’t stop me knitting with it and the one exception to that seems to be sock wool.
Also nuts are a little iffy, so I try and avoid them if I can.
4. How long have you been knitting?
To be honest I can’t remember I’ve been knitting as long as I can remember, I think it must have been one of my grannies that taught me as they were both excellent knitters. I’ve gone through phases of knitting ever since, but I picked it up again in 1999 after graduating from uni and obviousley came down with every bug going so was confined to the house for a couple of weeks.
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Yes but a little out of date so not worth looking at at the moment
6. What’s your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
I love vanilla and a candle I found last time I was in the US which was called washed linen also one called midnight rain, basically as long as it is not to flowery I enjoy most scents.
7. Do you have a sweet tooth?
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
I really like felt making and have just started to learn machine patchwork but really anything crafty from jewellery making to bookbinding there aren’t enough hours in the day.
9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I like a wide range of music, at the moment my favourite CDs are ‘Blue’ by Joni Mitchell, ‘Hopes and Fears’ by Keane and The Scissor Sisters. I have an IPod so I assume that I can down load MP3s to that but at the moment my computer doesn’t have any sound (as you can tell I’m not very technical)
10. What’s your favorite color? Or–do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can’t stand?
I just love colour, I struggle a little with orange. I love pink and kahki and everything in between.
11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I’ve just returned to the family home after losing my partner last year and have just got two Russian White Dwarf Hamsters for my birthday.
12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)
To be honest not sure right now, I would like my buisness to take off to give me a chance to do something i enjoy to earn a living but whatever will be will be.
13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
That changes on a regular basis, I’m having a bit of a sock knitting phase at the minute but can flit from lace weight to Super chunky at the drop of a hat in fact you would probably find me using both for a bit of scribble lace:)
14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I don’t think there are any I think that everything has its place.
15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
Modular knitting is definately a favourite right now but anything that tackles me technically is always a must.
16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Anything technically challenging preferably without to much straight stocking stitch.
17. What are you knitting right now?
Where do I start, I have a pair of Aloha socks on the needle plus I am working on the modular jacket from the front cover of brilliant knits and another modular jumper by Jill Vosburg being knitted in Rowan Calmer, and many other UFO’s Oh I almost forgot the Color on color scarf from scarf style (just the I-Cords to go)
18. What do you think about ponchos?
Never want to knit another one ever again, give me a shawl any day.
19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
I quite like circulars as I travel with my knitting a lot and they are more convinient but have just discovered what I think are called Susan Bates Quick Silver needles and I am quite enjoying working with those.
20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Definitely not plastic if I can help it as I have a tendency to snap them but saying that anything colourful I always end up buying my favourite at the moment are 4mm circulars that are purple from Boye’s
21. Are you a sock knitter?
Yes, usually just the one unfortunately
22. How did you learn to knit?
As I mentioned before I can’t remember learning but I think frobably one of my Grans taught me, both were very crafty
23. How old is your oldest UFO?
No comment, I’m pleading the fifth especially if that includes the second half of a pair of socks!!!
24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
I’m having a bit of a Jim Henson moment right now so I guess either Gonzo or Elmo
25. What is your favorite holiday?
I love the idea of christmas all those oppurtunites for craft
26. Is there anything that you collect?
Besides wool and knitting needles I guess studio pottery would be one and blue glass and anything with a butterfly on it is usually a good bet.
27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
Don’t have any at the moment, I’m a regular visitor to Borders where I try to pick up anything that interests me.
28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on?
There are a couple of modular ones about to be published that look interesting.