Well yesterday after a luch out with my friend Di I got back to the studio to find Jac waiting for me and we worked out a website for a key stage two class (shes doing a teaching degree) on recycling I knew all that work with kids would come in useful apparently I tell her the same as the lecturers just without the fancy words.
Well after that around seven last night I decided to take on the challenge presented by this book.
Tess Lent it to me yesterday and wasn’t to fond of it so I thought I would give it a go considering my recent sock knitting frenzy, it involves making a 12m hank so found the best place to do it was out on the balconey of the studio round the scaffolding.
Yarn down the length of the balconey
So I took two balls of Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino, which I know will do me a pair of trainer socks and merilly wound the wool around the poles much to the amusement to Mark in the next door studio and his student. Measured out all the lengths including this section of dashes.
This is where our roses changed colour a little, well so did the scaffolding and the floor, well actually me too. I added my three colours, they were quite a strong Pink, Purple and turquiose because usually this wool doesn’t take the colour so well because of its blend.
Then sprayed it all with vinegar and wrapped it all seperately in cling film, it took me two and a half hours to get to this point.
Microwaved for four minutes and the most difficult bit unwrapping and rinsing, unfortunately it had got a little dark by that point to take a picture but I think it has worked all the colours seemed to have stayed seperate so we will see what the knitting brings pictures tomorrow I promise.
So apologies to anyone going to Liberty tonight as I do have bright blue hands.